Sunday, March 20, 2005

Religion

While reading the book, it was obvious that there was a ton of religion, but I wasn't prepared for the amount of religion in this book that our last lecture suggested.

First of all, Dr. Ogden kept saying how by separating generations it's alienation, and that it's not right. I could see his point (or was it Coupland's point), because it was really annoying how he kept saying that we are a generation who spends hours and hours and hours and hours and hours on MSN. That was alienation and just annoying. Then Dr. Ogden suggests that Coupland suggests we have these generations. There are things about each generation that make us worse than before, when there was religion and everything was great??

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. S.A. Ogden said...

I'm not sure the _annoyance_ was deliberate -- but certainly the repetition was used to get a reaction. And I'm glad to see it worked!

What do _you_ think about the standard use of MSN chat? As I said, I see students using Library computers day after day for hours and hours ...

That _is_ a generation shock, for sure!

12:31 PM, March 22, 2005  
Blogger Five Ladies said...

I thought that I had never really experienced the whole generation alienation thing. Once I thought about it, I think I was annoyed by the "hours and hours... of msn" because I don't spend time on msn. So in other words just because I am in this generation x, I am being generalized. And that is what's annoying.

8:01 PM, March 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home