Thursday, March 31, 2005

All tomorrow's Parties, All tomorrow's Parties...

Doesn't it seem that we're obsessed with the future nowadays? Most people are in a constant state of worry about what will happen not only tomorrow but months and years down the road of life. I know that I catch myself thinking about the far off future too, things a year, two years, five years away. If you remove yourself from that view, you can relax a bit and see that you must live in today more in order to relax and see that that really is a long ways away. But we can't really let go of our worries of tomorrow because society is planned around that. We, therefore, must also plan lest we fall behind and become lost in a neverending today. I guess we'll continue to plan for All tomorrow's Parties, All tomorrow's Parties...

3 Comments:

Blogger Intelligent Students said...

Hey! Which one of you knows Leif? This is Brent from http://studyingmills.blogspot.com

Add me to msn brent_vatne@hotmail.com

12:26 PM, March 31, 2005  
Blogger Five Ladies said...

I think that there's a certain line you can cross. Of course you have to think about the future because the decisions we make today affect our future. That's just the way it is. But you can't obsess about it, you also have to live the present, but you can still do so even if you are thinking about the future. At least we're thinking about the future and not the past, if we were obsessing about the past that would just be bad.

2:29 PM, April 03, 2005  
Blogger Five Ladies said...

I don't think we're obsessed about the future, however I think we're obessed about new technologies that future will bring. As each year passes by more and more people keep thinking up new ways to improve our past inventions. To me, this is not a bad thing. I think it's great that we are making things more modern. This is a good thing....just think of all the new medicine that has come about within the last 10 years. I don't think the future will ever become like movies protray, yet it's something for people to wonder about but not obsess about

11:49 AM, April 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home