Tuesday, March 22, 2005

addiction

Here are a couple of blogs I came across that I thought were interesting. After talking about the book being focused on addiction I made me think how we as a society are addicted to things such as, drugs, alcohol and medications. I was looking at these blogs and the first one is this guy talkign about how one of his friends drank himself to death in a tequila contest...now that's impressing. I dont' understand how our society has become like this. We need to watch someone drink 50 shots of tequila, which will end up costing him his life, for entertainment.
http://bigpimpinfred.blogspot.com
The second blog is just a blurp about how many people suffer from depression and how those people should get help. "Free drepression info" This heading is almost making people feel like they need help even if they aren't depressed. What happened before anti-depressent drugs were available? Like we were saying today, it's not like the world was full of mad people. Our society has become so addicted to these "comfort" drugs that I don't think we would know how to function without them. Now that shows us how in need of help we really are.
http://free-depression-info.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This idea about addiction is incredibly true, but why? Are we actually just that bored or lazy? I think so.

5:48 PM, March 23, 2005  
Blogger Five Ladies said...

I think it's because we feel like that's the only way we can actually be normal.....drinking away our problems or drinking to have fun. Taking depression pills to help our problems....it's sad how dependent we have become. Why can't we just live our life and be happy. There always has to be so much drama.

4:32 PM, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home